The BIG IF: Infatuation and Friendship
Adolescents who participate in the 10th grade session of the L.I.F.E. program with their parents will:
- Realize that their dignity as a human person is based their being created in the image of God.
- Appreciate that each person is a unique human person, unlike no other.
- Understand that a romantic relationship—a combination of Infatuation and Friendship—can lead toward either Love or Exploitation.
- Examine three categories of teen-to-teen sexual abuse:
- one person deliberately uses someone else for sex;
- both persons choose to participate in promiscuous sexual behavior;
- the couple “goes too far” in expressing their growing love for one another.
- Define “Real Love” using the traditional marriage formula: “for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, in joy and in sorrow, till death do us part.”
- Use the “Real Love” test to decide whether or not to have sex: “If it isn’t real love, DON’T; if it is real love, WAIT.”
- Pray the “Human Dignity Manifesto” and receive from their parents a blessing and a hug.
Simply select the average number of students that will participate in this lesson yearly and pay once for unlimited use. See the license agreement below for more details.