The Third Circle: INFATUATION
Young adolescents who participate in the 7th grade session of the L.I.F.E. program with their parents will:
- Discuss with their parents the distinctions between love, infatuation, friendship and exploitation; name shows and songs that fit each.
- Realize that adolescence precipitates many changes in their thoughts, interests, desires, and feelings as well as in their bodies.
- Be introduced to the gradual development of an infatuation relationship—from noticing, to talking, to holding hands, to hugging and kissing, to passionate kissing, to sexual touch, to sexual intercourse – and learn that all of these steps are meant to be signs of a developing love relationship.
- Discuss with their parents the virtues needed to develop as a loving person—in the family circle, in the friendship circle, and eventually in the infatuation circle.
- Learn the word “chastity” as the main virtue that will be needed in future infatuation experiences.
- Review with their parents the reality of sexual abuse, including abusive activities initiated by peers.
- Hear the “Deuteronomy Blessing” prayed for them by their parents and receive from them a blessing with holy water and a hug.
This lesson package is delivered as a downloadable file and can be saved and printed as needed, for each yearly session. To learn more about accessing and using the lesson package files, please review the “Accessing Your Purchase” tab below
Simply select the average number of students that will participate in this lesson yearly and pay once for unlimited use. See the license agreement below for more details.