INFATUATION or REAL LOVE
Adolescents who participate in the 9th grade session of the L.I.F.E. program with their parents will:
- Become more comfortable in talking with their own parents about issues of sexuality, chastity, and abuse.
- Understand the four basic kinds of relationships — Love, Infatuation, Friendship, and Exploitation – as these are lived out in their lives and the lives of others.
- Realize that one of the major aspects of becoming an adult is learning how to give and receive authentic love.
- Understand the distinction between an infatuation relationship (that moves naturally from noticing to sexual intercourse) and a real love relationship (that grows gradually from friendship to an intimate friendship, to a deep love commitment and marriage.)
- Realize that in God’s plan for love, these two relationships are meant to develop together, so that each step on the infatuation line is an authentic sign of a growing love commitment.
- Become aware of their own experiences of sexual attraction and learn to respond appropriately in relationships that have a sexual component.
- Become cognizant of how much their own understanding of sexuality is influenced by society, their peers, and the media.
- Become aware of the reality of sexual exploitation of teens by adults and by other teens, and learn how to respond to any experience of sexual abuse — past, present, or future.
- Receive the Deuteronomy Blessing and a hug from their parents.
This lesson package is delivered as a downloadable file and can be saved and printed as needed, for each yearly session. To learn more about accessing and using the lesson package files, please review the “Accessing Your Purchase” tab below
Simply select the average number of students that will participate in this lesson yearly and pay once for unlimited use. See the license agreement below for more details.