Children who participate in the 5th grade session of the L.I.F.E. program with their parents will:
- Understand the difference between the relationships of Love, Infatuation, Friendship, and Exploitation
- Understand that one of the major aspects of growing up is learning how to give and receive love.
- Understand the feelings associated with the various kinds of relationships, and the kinds of touch used to express each.
- Become aware of the reality of sexual abuse as an extreme form of exploitation
- Learn how to respond to any experience of sexual abuse — past, present, or future.
This lesson package is delivered as a downloadable file and can be saved and printed as needed, for each yearly session. To learn more about accessing and using the lesson package files, please review the “Accessing Your Purchase” tab below
Simply select the average number of students that will participate in this lesson yearly and pay once for unlimited use. See the license agreement below for more details.
Note: The material presented in the 5th grade session does not replace “The Talk” by which a pubescent child learns about the act of sexual intercourse. It is important that the program directors have communicated with the parents about the need for the parental talk about sexual biology as a prerequisite for the lesson. To guide parents in talking to their 5th grade child about sexual intercourse, we recommend Level 1 of LoveEd, the video series by Coleen Kelly Mast, or Book 3 of the God’s Design for Sex series, by Brenna and Stan Jones.